Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm Not Sure About This Draft

There are a lot of guys out there saying the Rams addressed almost all of their needs through this draft, however, I'm still scratching my head on some of the decisions they made. It seems to me with the WR spot, if they really wanted Quick, that's fine, but they still had the opportunity to draft more of an impact player at that position and still have a draft pick left to pick up Quick as well. It just boggles the mind. The offense does not need players that are going to be projects, it needs players that are going to be immediate impacts and from what I'm hearing, it is doubtful Quick is that guy for an immediate impact.

Another thing I question is why Pead over LaMichael James? He was still available and in my opinion would have been a far wiser pick because he is a player that could eventually take over for SJ39 when the time came. From what I've heard about Pead that does not seem like something that would ever happen with him.

So, those two picks really have me confused and questioning Jeff Fisher right now. I truly think that he needed to be a lot more concerned about the offense than what he has so far shown to all of us.

I do however, like his kicker pick. From what I hear, this guy is or was the best kicker in college. We don't hear about kickers much so of course most have not heard of him but it appears he's got one heck of a leg, so much so that without even kicking once on the practice field, he's already replaced Josh Brown.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if this draft is really going to help rebuild this team or just drag it down more as so many of our past drafts have done.

Go Rams!

No comments: