Monday, November 24, 2008

There's Nothing Left In the Tank


Well, there are those like the fan above that still put an effort out. I've got to admit this guy put out more effort than the entire team puts out on any given Sunday.

The Rams have had a leak in their tank since day one and for a moment in time, Haslett was able to patch it up with a little 5 minute epoxy. But like we all know, 5 minute epoxy is just a temporary fix for what's really wrong.

The epoxy is gone, the hole is bigger and the tank is empty. There's nothing left and the team just doesn't care. Oh sure there might be a few token players left on the team that might go out there and show some effort but it's a really bad sign when the lackluster and defeatist attitude of the majority of the team even rubs off on Josh Brown. Although he wouldn't be any better off in Seattle right now, it's a lose lose situation for him from any stand point.

Some players are disturbed by the lack of support they are getting from their fans. OK, I've been a staunch supporter of the idea that you stick with your team through whatever mess they find themselves in, and to some degree I still am. But there comes a time when even the truest of true fans have to draw the line.

When you see your team go out onto the field week after week with little or no effort put forth, when you see your team play with no emotion over and over again. When you see your team go out and do the same stupid mistakes week after week, penalties left and right, missed tackle after missed tackle. An offense that can't muster more than 3 points after a 75 yard kick return, oh wait, they even missed that field goal. Good god! And the players can't understand why the fans just sit there and are well lifeless! Their team is lifeless, they've been sucked dry, drained with the ineptitude of a team that is suppose to be a group of highly paid professionals. Why should they be expected to give up their hard earned money for a product that even China wouldn't put their stamp on for resale.

I tell myself over and over again, "I love my team, I love my team, I love my team." But I am finding it increasingly difficult to put myself in front of a TV screen and watch yet another week of complete and total embarrassment beyond the realm of human comprehension. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for those sitting in the stands watching their money being whisked away from them like thieves in the night.

The players gave up a long time ago, sucking the fans completely dry, leaving them with nothing but an empty tank and empty promises.

No comments: