Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm Just Numb

I don't know what else to call it but complete and utter numbness after Sundays game. It's like I've got no feeling in any part of my body especially my brain.

This horrendous and unbelievable season that our boys in blue and gold are having is beyond comprehension and leaves me nearly speechless. What few words are being ushered out here are coming out as quickly as a snail on it's fastest day.

When Jackson stepped onto the field I could feel the fire the intensity and I knew there was renewed hope and it really looked as if we had this game. Only to find out it was yet another cruel joke the "football gods" were playing on us, he was yanked from the team never to be seen the rest of the game. And with that slap in the face all hope of a win was washed away.

This year I feel, as a fan, that I'm stuck in quicksand and struggling without any success to get out of this pit and being sucked under inch by inch. With each loss, I find myself watching less and less football because other games only serve as painful reminders of the quagmire that we find our team floundering in. Each Rams game leaves me empty and the last thing I want to see is more football because one game is all this fragile psyche can handle these days.

No comments: