Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where Are They Now? Part 3















Adam Timmerman


Former South Dakota State Jackrabbit, .then NFL offensive lineman Adam Timmerman retired as a player after the 2007 season.

And now he's gone back to his hometown of Cherokee Iowa.

After making millions of dollars in a 12-year NFL career with the Packers and Rams. Coming home to Cherokee was an easy choice for the Timmerman family.

Adam Timmerman "That was always the plan...the longer we were in the NFL...we got to love the cites...when we were in Green Bay...we loved Green Bay...when we were in St. Louis...we loved St. Louis...but at 35...I wasn't working...and I needed something."


Jana Timmerman "We grew up here...and no everyone...but at first people were shy or stand offish...because they thought we were different...but we're not different...we haven't changed."

Adam spends much of his time helping run five John Deere dealerships and working on the family farm...

Timmerman "I was going to come back and farm with my dad...but he passed away 10-years ago...so I farm with my brother...we can do it together."

Timmerman played two Super Bowls with the Packers, and two with the Rams, winning one with each team. His rings are a popular attraction

Timmerman "I don't wear them...they're pretty gaudy and would draw a lot of attention...but that's not me. Sometimes people say they want to see the rings...so I'll bring them around...I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time in my career with my teammates...it was fun."

Adam has also got into some coaching. He coached his son Mason's 3rd and 4th grade football team last fall.

Timmerman "That was an eye opening experience...I hope I was able to help the kids...it was fun as the season went on to see them progress...they had a bet on the first night of practice...as to whether I was going to show up in a limo...I showed up in my truck."

No comments: