Monday, August 17, 2009

O-Line Still Needs Work ~ D Improving


From the few highlights and excerpts I've been going over, it looks like the offensive line is still in some need of improvement.

I understand that it's only preseason but three sacks are an indicator that we've still got some issues there.

At least for now if I were the coach I would really focus on this problem prior to the season hitting full swing, otherwise rookie Null may be seeing playing time well before anyone expected.

On a more positive side. From what I can tell, the defense is immensely improved, especially against the run. Something we've been so far behind on the past few years, it was refreshing to see that the defense actually kept it to where we had the most rushing.

Also, from what little I saw, I'd say that this defense is being trained to be extremely heavy hitters and are very hungry for the ball. This is a good thing. But to be expected from a coach that once coached the Super Bowl Champion Giants defense.

All and all it appears the Rams did fairly well for their first outing under Spags.

I have just one beef though. The media. Even though the Rams won, it was the Jets that got all the "kudos". So what the Rams were terrible last few seasons. This is a different team with a whole set of new coaches. You'd think there would be some interest in that.

Flying low under the radar, maybe is a good thing....hopefully this time will carry wins under their shoulder pads as well.

No comments: