Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Happy So Far

I know it's way too early to be jumping for joy or anything, but I'm also not going to be as negative as some of the local writers are.

I'm impressed with the fact that Linehan has made a lot of visible changes within his staff showing that he could very well be finally admitting to himself that he simply screwed up last year.

I'm also happy that he publicly admitted that he had cut himself off from the players during the 2007 season, which explains why it looked like he was losing the players especially the key veterans. It takes a big man to admit that not only to himself but to the public.

All of this is a very good indication that he is more than willing to admit to his faults and is a man who is not set in his ways, who is willing to change his way of doing things and the way he thinks.

Last season I, along with most Rams fans, were ready to sever ties with him. But in light of what he has done so far, so early in the off season, I feel it merits giving the coach one more chance, and see what comes of it.

No comments: